Tuesday, March 5, 2013

"I'll Go Where You Want Me to Go, Dear Lord..." :)‏

...even BACK to Oklahoma Universityyy!!" :) ha

Guess what?!! We received transfer calls last night and guess where I'm being transferred to??! OU Campus!!! :) haha SO cRaZy right??! :) We were DEFINITELY SHOCKED when we found out last night!! We thought we were both staying in Lawton!! but looks like the Lord has other exciting plans for us! I still can't believe it!! ha So Sister Freeman is staying here and my past companion (at OU) that I love, Sister Fraire, is coming to be companions with her!! :) And I'm going BACK TO OU to be in a TRIO AGAIN with Sister Johnson and Sister Obena!! :) So we will be going to transfers on Wednesday and switching out! We seriously can't believe it! We are pretty sad to not be companions anymore :( but Sister Fraire is amazing and Sister Freeman will LOVE her! And I, of course, LOVE OU!! :) It's all still pretty crazy to us though! We ALSO found out that we are going to have THREE Assistants to the President now too!!! That is SO crazy!! The work is TRULY HASTENING and we are getting a bunch of new Sisters coming out this transfer too!! Woo hoo!! :) So I have NO idea how to even TRY to predict transfers anymore now haha because there are getting to be so many new Sisters and so many new Sister areas opening up too! Something that I thought was really amazing though was when I was leaving OU last time after 2 weeks and was sad about that, I was gathering up my things and I felt the Spirit tell me that I would be back. :) And He was right! :) of course!! :) ha I LOVE spiritual promptings!! :) They are SO amazing!! And it's really amazing to see when the prompting you receive HAPPENS!! :) Just like this!! It's so crazy! :) I always tell my companions that "the Spirit ruins surprises!" :) hah but in a good way! :) I LOVE the Spirit!! :) The gift of the Holy Ghost is TRULY one of the greatest gifts EVER!! :) I love it!! :) And I am SO grateful for it!! :) What a blessing!! :) Heavenly Father TRULY loves us!! :) For He has sent us the great "Comforter" to lead and guide us and help us on our way! :) I LOVE it!! :) 

So other exciting news, is Deon has been praying to know if getting baptized is the right thing for him to do and he told us he is feeling really good about it!! :) I LOVE teaching him!! He is SO sweet and is SO receptive!! :) He listens so intently and really strives to act on the invitations we extend to him! :) It's amazing!! :) 

We are ALSO TEACHING SISTER PHILPOTT'S CHILDREN!!!! :) (Shelby, David, and Angel) Woo hoo!! :) They are SOOO amazing!!! :) And are wanting to get baptized on March 30th!! :) They are AMAZING!! :) I LOVE them!! :) We are WAY excited!! :) 

Brother Tolentino (another great man we have been teaching whose wife is a member and has been coming back to church) ALSO wants to get baptized!! :) He is great too! And really commits when he sets his mind to something! He has also been talking to some people at work and inviting them to his baptism and helping one of his friends (that is a member of the Church but hasn't come for years) start going to church too!! :) How amazing is that??! :) Heavenly Father's children, our brothers and sisters, are SO AMAZING!!! :) I'm in such AWE and AMAZEMENT as I watch, listen, and see the AMAZING things that they do to live and share the gospel with others and to see them do it FEARLESSLY!! :) It's AMAZING!! :) I LOVE IT!! :) The Gospel is TRUE!! :) "I know it. I live it. I love it!!!" :) 

We've also had some pretty powerful and Spirit-led lessons with Brother Rushing where Sister Freeman and I have been a lot bolder than we are naturally (but still loving) and have been FILLED with the Spirit that has brought us even to tears! (in a good way) It's amazing! I LOVE being a MISSIONARY!!! :) It's SOOO amazing and one of the BEST (and exhausting) feelings EVER to have/feel the Spirit work THROUGH YOU!! :) It's AMAZING!! :) It makes me think of all the super Spirit-led and intense (in a good way) lessons we had with Sister Philpott when we first started teaching her! :) It's amazing! I love it! :) 

I also LOVE the SCRIPTURES!! :) SO MUCH!!! :) they are my favorite!! :) They come to life EVEN MORE (especially the missionary experiences/chapters in Alma) as I've been serving a mission! I LOVE IT!! :) The stories are SO exciting and fun to read!! I feel like I can relate a lot more to them too! :) In different ways than I did before! :) It's amazing!! :) The Book of Mormon is SO true!! :) I lOVE it!! :) The Scriptures are truly AMAZING!! :) 

We also taught another family this week, The Edwin's (a referral from the ward) and they are a SUPER sweet and cute family! :) We were teaching the mom and the 10 yr. old daughter walked in and wanted to join us!! :) (I LOVE prepared youth!! They are the best!! :)) and at the end of the lesson we invited them to be baptized and the son and daughter yelled out "I WANT TO BE BAPTIZED!! :)"  hah We LOVED it!! :) The younger boy was playing on the computer and overheard us ask and the daughter was listening so intently and they both were SO excited about it!! :) I was so pleasantly surprised and LOVED it!! :) The mom said she would need to learn more to make that decision but I just LOVE the children! :) They are SO close to the Spirit and I feel they can recognize truth so quickly!! :) It makes sense why the Lord asks us in Mosiah 3:19 to 'become as a child' ! :) They are so receptive to the gospel!! It's amazing!! :) I love it!! :) 

Oh! Another great thing that happened this week (y'all will be so excited about this!! :) ) So remember JeanOlivia??! :) the amazing lady that gave us a ride home from the car dealership AND took us out to lunch?! .. SHE CAME TO CHURCH!!!! :) Woo hoo!! :) I'm telling you the Lord is working miracles LEFT and RIGHT in the mission field and every area throughout the world and I LOVE it!! :) We went and heart-attacked her door saying THANKS for ALL she did! :) And she texted us later and said it made her day! :) We were also able to set up a time to meet with her and read the Book of Mormon with her and she said she wanted to come to church and she DID!! :) Woo hoo!! It was so exciting!! :) She had a great time too! :) 

So as you can see the Lord's work is TRULY HASTENING and I LOVE IT!! :) It is SOOO amazing to be blessed to be a part of such a MARVELOUS and MIRACULOUS Work and a Wonder!! :) I love it!! :) Missionary work is the best and I have a feeling it's only going to get better and better and more and more exciting as His work continues to go forth!! :) What an exciting time to be a missionary, what an exciting time to be a member of the church!! HIS CHURCH!! :) The Church of Jesus Christ!! :) I know that it is TRUE! :) And I know that you can know too as you fast and pray about it and see the blessings and miracles come about in your life as you strive to LIVE IT!! :) I've seen this in my own life and especially on a mission and I am SO grateful for the amazing work that has come forth and 'is about to come forth, among the children of men!" (D&C 4:1) An amazing quote that I LOVE, that I read this week, by Pres. Faust says, "The harvest is the Lord's. Your responsibility is to thrust in the sickle" (D&C 4) :) Let us do just that! :) Let us "Thrust in [each of our] sickles" And reap the amazing, beautiful, miraculous, and hastening 'HARVEST of the LORD!!' :) I promise that as you do you will begin to see and feel a greater light, peace, purpose and happiness come into your life because as we do the Lord's work He wants to and is bound to bless us! (D&C 82:10) :) And what great and marvelous blessings they will be! :) 
I testify that there is no greater work to be involved in than that of the Lord's work - missionary work! :) Whether it's full-time, ward missionary, member missionary, parent or friend! It is ALL missionary work! :) And we can and are asked to all do our part to SHARE what TRULY brings us the greatest and lasting peace and happiness (the gospel) with EVERYONE AROUND US!! :) I know the Lord is anxiously waiting and more than willing to bless us as we do so, and as YOU specifically do so! :) He LOVES YOU! :) In the name of Jesus Christ, amen. :)

Love, Sister Carlini :) 

ps. Hymn of Week: (this has become my new favorite hymn on my mission! I LOVE it!! :) ) 
                               "Go Forth with Faith" Hymn 263  (Read the amazing words here!! :) >>) http://www.lds.org/music/library/hymns/go-forth-with-faith?lang=eng

Have a great week!! :) I LOVE YOU ALL!!!!! :) SOOOO MUCH!!! :) And I miss you too!! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment