Tuesday, January 22, 2013

"Lord, I WILL Follow Thee..." :)‏

Hello Everyone!! :) 

So guess what??! This week has been wonderful!! :) Missions are the best!! :) Lorie was baptized!!! :) She is SOOOO amazing and we love her SOOOOO much!!! :) It was SO exciting to be a part of it and see how far she has come!! :) Whew! She is amazing!! :) She is the one we had a lesson in the temple with! And she prayed about a baptismal date of January 19th and KNEW by the power of the Holy Ghost that it was right! :) And she was baptized this past Saturday on January 19th!! :) I love Heavenly Father! He is truly a God of miracles and answers to prayer!! :) I have such a testimony of this!! :) It was also fun at the baptism because I had the opportunity to sing and play my ukulele for it! :) I played, "Lord, I Would Follow Thee." I sang/played 2 verses (the first verse and one I made up for her baptism!! :) It was so neat! :) The verse I made up went like this...

"As I enter in the water,
I will take upon your name.
Cov'nant with my Father daily
that thy Spirit I may claim. 
As I make this sacred promise,
Lord, I will follow Thee." :) 

She really liked it and I was/am sO grateful the Spirit blessed me with the idea to do that! :) I hope y'all enjoy the pictures from the baptism. She is a sweetheart!! :) And will be/is an EXTRAORDINARY member of the Church of Jesus Christ!! :) The Lord definitely prepared her from the beginning!! :) She is such a light to her family and we are excited to be able to teach the rest of her family and have them follow her footsteps as she follows the Savior's! :) 

Other exciting news we found out this weekend... I'm TRAINING!!! again!! :) hah Sister Ewell and I are both training this coming transfer (starts Jan.30th)!! And we are WAY excited!! :) Sister Ewell is actually opening a new area, training, and working on a college campus in a student ward (she's never done that!)!! UH-MAZING!! :) Sister Ewell is super amazing!! I cannot wait for her!! I told her she is going to LOVE serving on campus!!! It is such a blast!! I LOVED OU!!! :) She is going to serve at OCU!! (Oklahoma City University!!) and will do amazingly!!! I know it!!! :) And I'll be staying in Lawton to train!! :) 

I love Sister Ewell so much!! I'm going to miss her a TON!! We LOVE serving together!!! :) She is like my other half!! I LOVE teaching with her and I love how she always has and carries the Spirit with her!! :) She's amazing!! I feel SOOO blessed to have been blessed with such an AMAZING MTC companion and to have the amazing opportunity to serve with her out in the mission field!! Especially during Christmas time!!! :) Miracles and tender mercies EVERYWHERE!!! :) She is such an excellent missionary and loves to follow the Spirit! And because of that she will continue to do AMAZING things throughout her mission!! :) I can't wait for her!! :) She's taught me so much and we have had so much fun together and have been blessed with so many amazing experiences and miracles!! What a blessing!! What a blessing!! :) We love it!! :) Heavenly Father is the best!! :) We love Him SO much!! :) And He TRULY loves YOU and each one of us SOOO much!! :) I know that's true!!! :)

So this Wednesday we will both be going to the New Trainers Meeting!! And guess who else will be there??! ... 
SISTER PFISTER!!!!! :) :) :) :) AAAAHHHH!!! :) I'm SOOOOOO excited!!!! I haven't seen her since Sisters Conference in October!! (over 3 months ago!!) I miss her SOOO much!! and I'm SOOO excited we are ALL training at the same time so we all get to see each other!! :) TENDER MERCY!!!! :) The Lord knew :) He knows everything! :) I lOVE 1 Nephi 9:6 .. it's so true!! :) even in this instance! :) 

Speaking of scriptures.. can I just say I LOVE THE SCRIPTURES??!!!! :) Because I DEFINITELY DO!! :) President Taylor has been inspired to put together a mission reading schedule for us to read the whole Book of Mormon and Preach My Gospel by the end of March!! :) (We started it December 1st) And it has been AMAZING!!! :) I LOVE it!! :) I am getting SOOOO much out of my scripture study!! :) I mean I already loved reading the scriptures before but now I'm getting even MORE out of them!! :) I'm digging deeper!! :) Well really the Spirit is helping me dig! :) And I'm LOVING it!! :) The Scriptures are SOOO true and have such a powerful yet gentle and loving Spirit about them that fill my heart, enlighten my mind, and increase my understanding!! :) I LOVE it!! :) The scriptures are truly such a blessing to have in our lives and so is a modern-day prophet!! "Living Scripture!!" :) I love it!! :) I  KNOW the Scriptures are TRUE!! :) And that this is truly the Church of Jesus Christ here on the earth today!! :) 
"I KNOW it. I LIVE it. I LOVE it!!!" :) And so can you!! :) As we each trust in the Lord and NOT in the 'arm of the flesh' (the natural man in us, the world, or other worldly people and influences) we can and WILL  know the truth of all things! :) by the power of the Holy Ghost!! :) I know this is true! I've seen it in my own life and following the Spirit and our divine nature is ALWAYS the better and best way to go!! :) Even if and when it seems hard sometime.. I promise that following our divine nature (what the Lord wants us to do and become) is ALWAYS the way to true and lasting happiness and joy! :) Try it for yourself! :) I promise it works!! :) 

I hope y'all have a blessed and happy day and week!! :) I love you all!! :) 

Love, Sister Carlini :)

ps. QofW: "We must each be shakened and awakened from our spiritual snooze buttons." -President Benson :) 

also, "There are two different kinds of pain: The pain of discipline and the pain of regret. The pain of discipline weighs ounces while the pain of regret weighs tons." -John Bytheway :) (makes me think..)

pps. Amazing personal revelation I received while studying the Book of Mormon this week...
Mosiah 3:19- "The Lord doesn't give us the 'natural man' to make us weak.. He gives it to us to make our 'divine nature' STRONGER!" :) 
Another way to look at it.. "We 'put off' the natural man by constantly 'following' our divine nature!" :)
(expanding on that.. Each of us make choices that either strengthen the natural man or strengthen our divine nature. As we choose to constantly and consistently OVERCOME the natural man  by FOLLOWING our divine nature we become stronger and stronger and better and better. :) I love it! It's sO true!! :) I hope that all made sense!! :) I LOVE what the Spirit can and WILL teach each one of us as we open our heart to its promptings!! :) It's the best!! :) 

I LOVE YOU and MISS YOU!!!!!! :) :) :) :)










This is a good one! Y'all will like it! :) ...

http://www.lds.org/pages/mormon-messages?lang=eng

Descriptions:
1. BAPTISM!!!! :) :) :) (she is so cute!! We love her!! :) ) It was such a special and spiritual day!! We loved it!! :) She's AMAZING!!!!! and SOOOO strong!!!!! She is definitely one of Heavenly Father's choice spirits! That's for sure!! :) It's amazing!! :) She has such great and strong faith and is such a special and strong example! :) We love her!
2. My finger's status :) ha it's healing up! yay!! It just has crazy bruising! I think it looks like a lava lamp! :) ha it's grown out even more now! 
3. Lorie and her cute family! :) (her kids are so sweet!)
4. Lorie and the AMAZING family in our ward that brought her into the Church!! :) (couldn't have done it with out them!! and the Spirit!! :) and Lorie's amazing willingness to know and LIVE the truth!! :) ) 
5.Dinner after to celebrate Lorie's baptism! :) 

ps. also, whenever I say people's first names in email, just know that's not what we really call them! We call them by "Sister" or "Brother" and their last names! :) I just wasn't sure if I should put people and their last names on here since it goes onto a blog! :) So yeah! :) Just fyi! :) Love you!! :) :) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment