Monday, April 29, 2013

"Israel! Israel! God is Calling..." :)‏

Hello Everyone!! :) 

This week was SO EXCELLENT!! :) I LOVED IT!! :) So many MIRACLES and EXCITING THINGS HAPPENED!! :) The Church is SOOOO TRUE!! :) I LOVE IT!! :) "Live it. Love it. Share it!!" :) (I think that is going to be my new motto! :) ha) I like it! :) I hope you all had an AMAZING week as well and that you have found someone (even if they are a member of the church already) to share or send them a spiritually uplifting thought!! :) I definitely KNOW that 'by small and simple things, GREAT things are brought to pass!!" :) It was so neat too because about a week ago (on Saturday) we felt prompted to go and visit 2 girls in our ward that we have never met and haven't been to church for a while, but they weren't hope so we left a note. And guess what??! They came to church THE NEXT DAY!! :) It was SO amazing!! :) I definitely have a testimony that the Lord KNOWS and LOVES His children and He WILL inspire, prompt, and guide us to His children that need us and are ready, if we are willing to listen. :) ALWAYS follow the Spirit and you will NEVER have any regrets!! :) I testify that that is TRUE!! :) 

So this week we got to do the Booth again!! :) Woo Hoo!! And we were blessed with SO MUCH SUCCESS!! :) It was SO exciting!! :) SO many miracles!! I LOVED IT!! :) We had the tri-fold poster, pass-along cards, copies of the Book of Mormon, pictures of Christ and everything set up and we were passing out a lot more surveys for students to take on campus! :) And a LOT of them marked that they wanted to learn more!! And so we set up a bunch of appointments and have been able to meet with them and even set some baptismal dates with some of them! :) SO exciting!! :) They are all amazing!! :) Thank you SO much for ALL of your prayers!! :) We have definitely seen the fruits of them this week especially!! :) So exciting!! :) We also got back into contact with BRYAN!! :) (the one we taught about a month or so ago about the Restoration and he LOVED it! And the one that came to general conference etc.! :) ) YAY!! :) THANK YOU FOR YOUR PRAYERS!! :) They were DEFINITELY ANSWERED!! :) We are SO grateful!! :) So we met with him this past week and read from the Book of Mormon with him and it was so good!! He is so great!! :) Please continue to keep him in your prayers!! :) Along with Cameron, Logan, Brian, Zhaotong (pronounced like "Jow-toe"), KeJuante, Marissa, Thor, BreAnna, and Elijah!! :) THANK YOU!!! :) These are all amazing children of our loving Heavenly Father! He loves them! (And He loves you!! :)) And I know He needs them back! :) The Lord loves you!! And your faith is impeccable!! :) 

Other exciting news.. We (Sister Armistead and I) did our FIRST "OFFICIAL EXCHANGE" as Sister Training Leaders this past Friday to Saturday with Sister Zaleski and Sister Burnham!! :) And it was AMAZING!! :) It was SO much fun!! :) I LOVE exchanges!! :) It was a blast!! :) For our first one we just had our companions switch, so Sister Burnham (who was in the MTC with Sister Zaleski) came to OU and Sister Zaleski went to OKC with Sister Armistead! And we all LOVED it!! :) You learn SO much from exchanges!! :) We love it!! :) We have also been contacting all of the Sister that we are over in the South part of our mission and telling them the exciting news about Sister Training Leaders and exchanges and that we are there for them! :) It's so fun! They are excited! :) It was funny because I got to call Sister Freeman (in Lawton) last night to tell her and she was SO confused why/how I was calling her! :) ha She was exciting when we 3-wayed the phone call with Sister Armistead to tell her the news though!! :) The Sisters in our mission are SO great!! :) I Love them!! :) The Church is TRUE! :) 

We also were able to attend the Elder's baptism they had this past week and one of our investigators came too! :) It was so funny though because it was in SPANISH!! :) haha We didn't realize that until we got there but our investigator was fine with it! He is so great! :) It was SO fun having it in Spanish though!! :) I lOVED singing the hymns in Spanish and being a part of such an incredible and happy event!! :) 

Last exciting thing I wanted to share is.. We had a 'surprise' investigator come to church this week!! :) He name is Zhaotong ("Jow-toe") And he is SO GREAT!!! :) He is from China and somehow found out about the church, has been looking at mormon.org, and has been reading the Book of Mormon in Chinese!!! :) He came to church and wants to know how he can become a member??!!! :) :) :) :) :) MIRACLE!!!! :) Super exciting!! :) We are way excited to teach him more this week!! :) Please keep him in your prayers!! :) And that we will be able to understand what he is saying better! :) And that he will understand what we are saying too!! :) He is such a sweetheart and LOVED church too!! :) He is the best!! :) I love the gospel!! :) Heavenly Father's children -our loving brothers and sisters- are SO amazing!! :) We also got invited by they Young Women's President in the family ward nearby to teach the Young Women about "Why the First Vision is Important"!! :) We were way excited and prepared this whole lesson and right before we got up to teach it, Sister Zaleski (who is so inspired! :) ) had the thought and asked me if we should ask them if they have any questions about a mission/missionary work? :) And I said, yeah! So we did! And it ended up taking up the WHOLE class time!! :) ha! It was amazing!! :) Those young women are amazing!! I hope every young women, whose plan it is to serve a mission, will serve!! :) It is seriously THE GREATEST THING IN THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD!!! :) I LOVE IT!!! :) And feel SOOOOO SUPER BLESSED to HAVE the INCREDIBLE and AMAZING OPPORTUNITY and PRIVILEGE to SERVE a MISSION!! :) I hope if any of you are wondering about it/if you should serve, to humbly pray about it and let the Spirit whisper to you what it is that God needs you to do! :) And I hope and pray that if you get the answer that "yes, you should serve!" or "it would be a wonderful idea if you choose to" that YOU WILL DO IT!! :) I never got a HUGE overwhelming "yes, I should serve a mission" but I did get a lot of "little 'yes's" along the way and I can tell you now and testify to you that IT IS THE BEST DECISION I HAVE EVER MADE!!!!!!! :) The Church is TRUE!! :) Missionary Work is MIRACULOUS and it is TRULY a PRIVILEGE and GREAT BLESSING to be able to SERVE THE LORD with ALL your "HEART, MIGHT, MIND, AND STRENGTH!!" :) I know that this is true!! :) And I pray that you will too! :) Have a glorious day and week!! :) The Lord loves you!! :) and I do too!! :) I love you! :) 

Love, Sister Carlini :) 

ps. QofW: "We see ourselves in terms of yesterday and today. God sees us in terms of FOREVER." -Elder Wirthlin :) 

"[God] sees us as the glorious beings we are capable of becoming!" -Elder Wirthlin :)





 

Descriptions! :) 
1. Sister Zaleski and I at a frozen yogurt place called EarthFruits! :) 
2. EXCHANGES!! :) Sister Burnham and I at lunch at Panera (my fav. place!!) during Exchanges!
3. Sister Armistead (my Sister Training Leader companion!! :) ) and I right after exchanges were over! :) 
4. EXCELLENT Quote by Sheri Dew! I LOVE Sheri Dew!! :) She's amazing!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment