Monday, April 8, 2013

"We Thank Thee, Oh God, For a Prophet...!" :)

Hello Everyone!! :) 

This week was excellent!! :) HAPPY GENERAL CONFERENCE!!! :) Wasn't it SO amazing??! I LOVE General Conference!! :) It makes me so happy!! :) I'm pretty sure it's like Christmas!! :) ha That's how excited I get! :) ha What was everyone's favorite talks?! :) They were all so good!! :) I LOVED Sister Dalton's! (she's my hero! I was so sad she got released! :( but it's okay, the new presidency will be amazing too!! :) ) and Elder Ballard's on the Priesthood! And Elder Davies on building our lives on a 'temple-like spiritual, strong, and sure foundations!! :) I also LOVED Elder Andersen's!! YAY!! Missionary Work!! :) And Elder HOLLAND'S!! (Powerhouse!! :) ) And Elder Clayton's was SUPER good too! :) Whoa! And Elder Bednar's on the Law of Chastity! I will just have him teach the Law of Chastity to our Investigators! ;) ha I also LOVED Elder Cook's on Peace! And Elder Scott's on a Christ-centered Home! :) And President Monson's on Obedience was super excellent too!! And I basically loved them all! :) I also heard that the Priesthood Session was AMAZING!! Let me know your thoughts and feelings about conference though! :) Such an exciting time of year!! I love it! :) It goes by SO fast!! (that's the only downfall! ha) but it's SO AMAZING!! :) The Church is TRUE!! :) 

Other exciting things that happened this week.. We had an excellent lesson with Mary (who we had to give to the Elders because she would be in there ward :( but it's okay, she is in excellent hands!! :) They are great Elders!) We also had some other great lessons this week and were able to pass out a TON of general conference invitations to people on campus and while tracting! :) We also gave Miguel a Spanish Book of Mormon and he said he would read it and let us know when he's done with it! woo hoo! :) He's so nice! Please keep him in your prayers! :) ALSO! BRYAN CAME TO CONFERENCE!!! :) MIRACLE!!! :) (Thank you for ALL your prayers!! :) ) He's AMAZING!! :) And just needs more TIME to meet! He has 2 jobs now AND is going to school! Please continue to keep him in your prayers because he is SO prepared!! :) Thank you!! :) I know the Lord is please as we pray for others and strive to help them where we can :) SAVANNAH AND JOSH ALSO CAME TO CONFERENCE!! :) woo hoo!! :) It makes me sO happy when people accept our invitation to come and come!! :) So exciting!! :) They all enjoyed it and we are meeting with Savannah and Josh this week! :) Thanks again for ALL your prayers!! :) They are being answered!! :) We also had (as you know) and AMAZING GENERAL CONFERENCE WEEKEND!!! :) I LOVE CONFERENCE!! :) I was filled with such JOY, PEACE, and HAPPINESS!! That I know can ONLY come from the TRUTH!! And the FULNESS of these feelings I had can ONLY come from the FULNESS of Jesus Christ's RESTORED GOSPEL!! :) The Church is TRUE!!! :) I KNOW IT. I LIVE IT. I LOVE IT!! :) 

Oh! Also, after the Saturday Sessions of Conference we got a call from one of the Assistants to the Presidents because this weekend was TRAINING CALLS!! And guess what??! ... I'm DOUBLE TRAINING!!!! aka Training 2 New Sisters at the SAME TIME!! At OU!! :) hah It's going to be so crazy!! Hah But I'm excited!! :) I know the Lord knows what He is doing so I'm going to Trust in Him, follow the Spirit, have charity, and let Him do the rest! :) I seriously couldn't believe it when they called and told me that! ha What's so funny is that one of the FIRST things Sister Johnson said when I got to OU was "Sister Carlini you are going to DOUBLE TRAIN next transfer!!" (as a joke! But apparently SHE'S INSPIRED!!! :) hah) She's SO GREAT!! :) She is going to open a new Sisters area in Texas! And co-train there! :) And we find out where Sister Obena is going next week! :) So pretty crazy, exciting, spiritually uplifting week! :) ha Thank you for ALLLLLL your prayers and for ALLLLL the wonderful and amazing things that y'all do EACH DAY!! :) I LOVE YOU!! :) And the Lord does too!! :) Let Him be your guide!! :) He will love you, guide you, and walk beside you. He will SHOW you the WAY!! :) I testify that this is true as we TRUST IN HIM! :) In the name of Jesus Christ, amen. :) 

Love, Sister Carlini :) 

ps. QofW: (one of my FAVORITE QUOTES from Conference!! :) it went something like this) ... 
"The Holy Ghost is the greatest sign of acceptance from our Heavenly Father." -Elder Kopischke :)  SO GOOD!! :) & TRUE! I LOVE IT!! :) 

pps. OH!!! And I HAVE to let you know!! I wrote down 50 QUESTIONS!! for General Conference and ALL OF THEM WERE ANSWERED in some way!! :) HOW AMAZING IS THAT!!! :) (also, when I first went to write down some questions I had NO idea what questions I had?! ha I usually don't have any but I PRAYED that I would know what to ask and what questions I had and then TONS came to mind!! :) AMAZING!! :) PRAYER WORKS! :) I also, had a question come to me about Peace the night before general conference and then Elder Cook's talk was ALL ABOUT PEACE!!! :) WOW!! THESE MEN ARE TRULY CALLED OF GOD!! :) and are SO INSPIRED!! I LOVE IT!! :) I think it's SO amazing how Heavenly Father TRULY ANSWERS OUR PRAYERS THROUGH OTHER PEOPLE!! :) ALL THE TIME!! :) ESPECIALLY DURING CONFERENCE!! :) Through His chosen servants, the prophets and apostles! :) What a BLESSING!! :) We are truly SO blessed to live in a time when a PROPHET is on the earth today!! :) And we can hear his voice ALL around the world!! :) Even over here in Oklahoma!! :) ha I LOVE IT! :) The Church is TRUE!! :) 

*My invitation for you all this week... "Be an ANSWER to Someone's Prayer!!" :) Will you do that? :) I Promise you will be BLESSED as you do so! :) And will receive answers to YOUR PRAYERS along the way! :) The Lord love you and He will HEAR and ANSWER YOU and YOUR PRAYERS! :) But He needs US to be the Instruments! :) Be the Instrument the Lord has created and shaped you to be! :) You are AMAZING!! :) I KNOW the Lord LOVES YOU!! :) And I do too!! :) 


ppps. WHOA! I just looked at a summary of Pres. Uchtdorf's YW Broadcast talk!! :) That sounds SO good!! :) Did you watch that??! :) It's called, "Your Wonderful Journey Home!" :) I love it!! :) Looks uplifting!! :) I invite you to read/watch it! :) 

















 There were a ton more of conference, but hey, we all watched it right? haha


*my super cute and great companions! in the rain! (on our way to do the booth on campus! :) ) 
*EASTER CARDS & PRESENTS!! :) THANK YOU!! :) Happy Easter!! :) 
*We decided we needed more pictures together (as comps.) so here you go.. :) hah (most of them were when we were at the car place getting the estimate for the hail damage that happened from the storm we had :/
*We went to the mission office too! (when we took our car in to get the estimate) 
*These are the awesome scriptures in the mission office!! :) I love them! :) 
*Eating lunch at Chipotle!
*super good quote at the Institute! I love it! :) 
*Eating lunch at Texadalphia with the Zone! (it was Elder Reese's birthday!)
*Making navajo tacos for general conference lunch! :) 
*the tacos were delicious! :) 
*GENERAL CONFERENCE TIME!!! :) SO EXCITING!! :) I lOVE GEN. CONF.!! It's like CHRISTMAS!!! :) 
*pretty sunset! :) 
*All of us ready for conference to start! :) It was SO GREAT!! :) I LOVE CONFERENCE! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment