Tuesday, October 9, 2012

"We Thank Thee Oh God, for a Prophet" :)‏


Hello all!! :)
 
Oh. my. goodness. GENERAL CONFERENCE WAS AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D I LOVED IT SOOOOO MUCH!!!!! :) I felt SOOOO spiritually filled!!!! :) The CHURCH IS SO TRUE!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D "I Know it, I Live it, I LOVE IT!!!" :) I LOVED that talk by Sister Dibb!! :) funny story!! :) So Sister Pfister and I (in our past transfers together) were memorizing some key points from Preach My Gospel and we were writing our testimonies of each point (so it had more meaning to us etc.) and in one of them at the end of my testimony i put "I love it, i live it, i know it!!!" :) Ahhh!! So when i heard Sister Dibb say that in conference I was like HEY!! I've said that before!!! :) hahah it was sO cooL!! :) And was automatically my favorite talk!! :) haha I LOVED SOOOOO many of the talks though!!! It's sO hard to pick a favorite!! :) All of us missionaries LOVED Elder Holland's talk!!!! SO good!!! :) And i LOVED Elder Bednar's on testimony and conversion and Sister Burton's on "Observe then Serve" :) and Elder Hales' and Elder Johnson's and SOOO many others!! :) What were your favorites?! :) Oh! and the new Missionary age announcement??!?!? AHHHH!!!! :) THAT was INCREDIBLE!!!! :) SO EXCITING!!! :) It was SO cool to be in a chapel full of missionaries at the church when that was announced!! We were all flipping out!! (reverently! ;) ha) What an INCREDIBLE conference!! :) I'm SO grateful for a LIVING prophet and apostles!!! :) What a blessing!!! :)
 
We were also blessed to have one of our investigators (James) come to ALL of the sessions (even the priesthood session) and he LOVED it all!! :) He is SO awesome!!! :) We love him!! :) We also had a powerful lesson with him this past week and he is getting baptized Oct. 27th!!!! :) (Conner's birthday!!! :) woo hoo!!! :) ) We are way excited!! :) Please continue to keep him in your prayers!! :) Thank you!!! :) Oh! and it was SO cool, today while we were teaching him the Plan of Salvation he asked, "What about people who died before they ever had the opportunity to be baptized??" (I got wAy excited when he asked that question!! :) And we went on to teach him about temples and how we do baptisms for the dead (as a proxy) and they are able to CHOOSE whether to accept the ordinance of baptism or not. :)  We told him how we have a temple in Oklahoma and that we could go to it! :) He said okay! What day can we go?! And wanted to schedule it right then!! So we did! :) ha We are going to have a lesson with him at the temple this week so that will be cool!! :)  It is sO amazing to know that Heavenly Father has thought of EVERYTHING and that His plan is truly perfect!! :) I lOVE the Plan of Salvation!! :) IT'S TRUE!!! :) It is TRULY God's plan for EACH ONE of US and teaches us the way to make it back to live with Him!! :) SO INCREDIBLE!!! :) I LOVE THE GOSPEL!!! :)
 
Okay, so the cool story that happened last week... (at the end of my e-mail) was I was just typing my email to y'all and the guy sitting next to me (who is actually here at the library again and is sitting right next to me AGAIN!! hah so crazy! Heavenly Father loves and KNOWS His children! :) )  asked me if i was something (i can't remember what?) and I said, "Oh, I'm a missionary! :D Why do you ask?" And he said, "You have a certain 'aura' about you.. of 'spiritual concentration.'" :D And i said, "Wow, thanks! " :D (i took that as a compliment!! :) haha) He went on and talked about us as Mormons and missionaries and how you can tell we put our whole hearts into it and are very commited to Christ. He asked some GREAT questions and the Spirit and I answered them and talked/taught him for like an HOUR in our chairs.. at our computers.. at the library!!! :) haha it was SOOO amazing!!! :) (you never know when the Lord will give you an incredible missionary opportunity!! :) )  He is wAY cool!! :) And it was such an incredible experience!! :) I've NEVER been asked SOOO many questions (and some were kind of tricky hah) about my religion one-on-one!! :) THANK GOODNESS FOR THE SPIRIT!!!! :D :D :D I could've NEVER done that without him!! :) So Scott (the guy at the library) later went on and said to me, "You can see in your eyes that you would be able to and be good at receiving direct communication from God." He said, "Some people have better 'antennas' to 'tune in' to that and you can tell that you would be good at that.." It was PRETTY COOL!!! :) I took it as a compliment!! :) haha It's sOOO cool to see what other people observe and notice about us! And the way that they 'term' certain things!! :) I told him about how we can all receive personal revelation! :) I talked to him about the Book of Mormon, Joseph Smith, the Priesthood, the Restoration/apostasy, prophets and more!! :) It was AMAZING!! :) I asked him (a few times throughout our discussion) if he wanted to meet with us because he has such great questions!! :) And he seemed a little nervous and said no. But that when he saw us at the library he would ask us questions! :) ha I told him "You know, I'm not going to MAKE you be Mormon" :) ha and he kind of laughed and said "yeah you are! you're going to try and convert me!" haha and i said, "I won't MAKE you, i will INVITE you to do things like read and pray about the Book of Mormon" and he said, "Oh, well I'm definitely going to do that!! :) You've said some things that really caught my interest so I've got to do that!" :) :) :) :) :) :) Coolest. experience. ever!!! :) I'm SO grateful for a loving Heavenly Father who blessed me with this incredible opportunity to trust in the Spirit, stand up for what I believe in and know to be true, and to share it!! :) THE CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST OF LATTER-DAY SAINTS IS TRUE!!!! :) :) :) I love it, i live it, i know it!!! :) In the name of Jesus Christ, amen. :)
 
I hope you all have an INCREDIBLE week!! :) Choose the right!! :) Remember WHO you are and WHOSE you are!!! :) You are the best!!! Thank you everything!! :) Thank you for your prayers, love, support, and testimonies!!! :) Keep them burning bright!!! :) And your conversion even deeper!! :) I love you!! :) and the Lord does too!! :)
 
Love, Sister Carlini :)
 
ps. QofW: "We must know the gospel is true and be true to the gospel." -Elder Bednar :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment