Hello Everyone!! :)
So as you might have guessed from the title.. Transfers are THIS WEEK!! and we just got the call last night and I.. am.. sadly.. leaving Stillwater.. :( but I'm being transferred to "The Village" in Oklahoma City!! :) with Sister Buckley!! :) So I am super excited about that! When we got the phone call I thought it was a joke because EVERYONE thought Sister Draper was going to be the one leaving (because she's been here longer) and Sister Buckley and I joked about being companions before but 'knew' we never would be because we wanted to be! hah So it was a complete surprise! a good one though! :) ha But I am definitley sad about leaving Stillwater because i have LOVED it!! The people we teach, Bishop Austin, the ward, the beautiful country, our cute little house, etc. etc.!!! i have DEFINITELY been VERY spoiled in my first area of my mission and everywhere else definitely has a LOT to live up to!! :) hah I'm sOO grateful for ALL the AMAZING experiences the Lord has blessed me with in Stillwater!! I have LOVED it!! :) but i'm excited for the next area and adventure the Lord has in store for me next in "The Village" with Sister Buckley!! I love her! She is so hilarious! :) And the Sister that is coming to Stillwater with Sister Draper is amazing!!! The people will LOVE her!! So I'm very happy that everyone is in VERY good hands! :) Transfers are sO crazy!! What a crazy mix of emotions!! When Sister Draper and I found out we were both slightly shocked, happy, sad, and then just HUGGED!! hah we are really excited for each other though!! It will be great! :) The Lord definitley knows what, where, and who is best for us and at the right time in our lives!! He is SOO mindful of EACH ONE of us!! what a blessing!!! :D So I'll have to let ya know how the Village is next week!! :) I'll get there this wednesday! woo hoo! :) ha
Anyways, back to Stillwater.. this week has been AMAZING!! :) it was SOO fuN!! We had an awesome Zone P-day and Zone Conference this past week and i loved it all!! :) For Zone P-day we all got together and played kickball, did a big service project of raking leaves and 'spring cleaning' a backyard for a member in the Elder's ward, went to Orange leaf for ice cream after, and then went to one of the Elder's investigator's house and sang "I Need Thee Every Hour!" It was a fantastic day!! and probably my favorite P-day so far in the mission field!! :) The next day (tues.) we had an INCREDIBLE Zone Conference!! :) President Taylor gave a few tranings and they were AMAZING!! (like always) i loved them and learned a TON!! :) It was really neat! We talked about the faithful people in Capernaum when Christ was on the earth and compared them to the unfaithful and rebelious/lazy people that were in Nazareth. He invited us to evaluate ourselves each day as Missionaries and determine whether we are 'living in Capernaum' or 'living in Nazareth?" And to strive to always live in and be like the people in Capernaum!! It was an excellent training!! :)
We also had great lessons this week and were pretty busy which is always good! :) We had an INCREDIBLE lesson with an investigator that we were inspired to tract into! It was our 3rd lesson with him and we were able to invite him to be baptized!! He is definitley not against it, he just wants to understand what the Priesthood means more so he knows the importance of being baptized into THIS church (The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints) :) He even came to church this past Sunday!! He is SOOO great!! He has SOOO much light in his eyes and is truly goldeN!! :) Sadly we had to pass him off to the OSU SIsters because they are over the singles ward and he's under 30 and single (darn! ha) but we are just sOO grateful we found him and were able to teach him as much as we could before handing him off! :)
We also got to go to Nancy's (our investigator that we helped move into her new house last week! :) ) and have a fun visit with her! :) Sister Draper played the piano for her and I sang! We played a bunch of the Hymns and Nancy loved it! :) She was really touched and we were able to play "Families Can Be Together Forever" and she cried and asked us if that's really true?! We told her YES!! :) And it was just a great lesson and visit with her and the Spirit was felt very stongly! i just love the Hymns!! :) they are the best!! :) She also invited us over for lunch tomorrow (since I'm leaving) so that will be fuN! We just love her!! :) She's incredible!
We also had AMAZING lessons with the part-memeber family this week that we LOVE!! :) And they even took us to Thia Cafe!! (yum!!) I am really going to miss them!! She is progressing so much and it is SO neat to see the light and change within her as she discovers truth! She is so close to the Spirit and is just an amazing person!! But I know she is in good hands with Sister Draper and the new Sister coming (Sister Esau! :) )
Well I think that's about it I was going to tell y'all! :) We have to get going because we have a TON to do!! We are going to bleach tye-dye shirts as a District today!! and sign comp. books and I have to pack etc. etc.!! It's going to be a crazy day!! but a great one!! :) Well i hope everyone is doing AMAZING!!!! because you are all AMAZING!!!! i love and miss you all so much!!! I hope you have an exceedingly great day and week!!! :)
Love, Sister Carlini :)
ps. QofW: "God will never desert us. He never has and never will. It is not His character to do so. As we trust in God and keep His commandments we will be able to overcome the 'fiery furnaces' that may come into our lives... We can trust in God, can He trust us?" -Elder Cannon :)
"The direction we go in our lives matters more than the speed in which we get there." -Bishop Austin :)
No comments:
Post a Comment