Monday, November 12, 2012

"Onward Christian Soldier..." :)‏


Hey y'all!! :)
Well this week has been INCREDIBLE!!! I LOVE it here!!!!!! :) Oh my goodness, it is sO much fun serving in a college town and on OU campus!!! It is a great school and is filled with tons of great people!! :) I love it!! :) Thank you for ALL your prayers and love and support!! :) I love y'all sO much!! :) So to start off, I'll share some fun highlights from this week here at OU...
First, my companions, Sister Fraire and Sister Smith, are GREAT!! :) I love them!! THey are so cute and fun and great teachers! :) Sis. Fraire has been out about 13 months and Sister Smith has been out about 7! :) We are all within 3 months of each other! :) crazy!! :) It's been fun being companions with them and I love our apartment and the great ward that we serve in! :) It is SO different serving here that my other areas but a really great different! :) I love it!! :) There is such a good feeling and Spirit here and I just know there are TONS of people that have been (and are being) prepared by the Lord and we need to find, teach, and baptize them!! :) We are way excited for this transfer!! :) It will be great! :)
We also have a great District and Zone with fun Elders that I know and am friends with, so that's fun! :) We had a great District meeting this past Friday and all got to go and do service later that day together! We got to paint one of the Elder's investigator's house! It was sO fun!! :) i LOVE doing service!! :) Especially with a big group of fun people, it was great! :) We got sO much done in a good amount of time and she was very grateful! :)
Another fun service opportunity we had this week was going to an Assisted Living Home and playing BINGO with the elderly ladies there! :) It was so much fun! :) We call out the numbers and whenever they get a bingo they get to pick from the basket of treats! They are all so cute!! :) Service is seriously the best!! :)
ALSO we got to help out and serve at the "Fun Zone" on Saturday during the big OU game!! :) That was a blast! :) The Institute does the "Fun Zone" every home game and it's where the students and us make and give away FREE hotdogs, bottled water, cotton candy, and snow cones during the game! :) It was SO fun!! :) And we met some great people!! :) Towards the end (we do the fun zone for a few hours) we actually met a big group of guys that came up for the game from Texas and they were sO cool!! :) I talked to one of them for a while named Patrick! And he had a friend growing up that was LDS and he said his dad told him all about Joseph Smith and stuff and that it was really cool! :) This big group of guys thought it was SO cool that we were "Mormon"!! :) hah it was awesome!! :) We gave them all mormon.org cards and invited them to look more into the website and what we believe in and they all seemed pretty excited about it! :) It was so cool! :) What a blessing and tender Mercy!!! :)
So a funny experience that happened this week was while we were tracting.. So we brought a member with us to tract last night so we did tracting 'splits' where my companions knocked doors together and the member (Megan) and I knocked doors together in another building. So 2 cool/funny stories happened while Megan and I were tracting..
1. the first door we knocked on a guy answered and guess what his name was??? EPHRAIM!!! :) hah i was like "really??!" and he said, "yeah" and i was like, "That's so cool!!" :) ( i don't think he realized why i thought that was as cool as i did!! :) hah I was thinking.. "You should be out here 'gathering' with us!!! Do you know what your name means??! :) hah" it was so great! :) ) It made it even better because we had JUST had a lesson at church that day on "Gathering the House of Israel!" :) We prayed with him and set up a return appt. with him for next Sunday so that's awesome! :) He NEEDS to be a member!! :)
2. A few doors later we knock and a guy answers the door (this story is so funny!..) and we told him "We are representative of Jesus Christ and were wondering if we could offer a prayer for you for anything you might need?" :)  He said, "No, we're good." and didn't seem very interested.. and then out of nowhere his roommate (who was sitting on the couch right next to the door) leans back and says, "Hey, do you want to go to the Marine Corp. Ball with me this Saturday??" and I said, "What???" And he asked me again and I said, (trying to hold back from laughing because this was so random and funny!!) "I can't I'm a missionary!" :) and he said, "So, you can be a missionary there.." and i just looked at them not knowing what to do and said, "I'm sorry, I can't." and he said, "Come on! You're beautiful!!" and we just nicely declined and left.. It. was. SOOO funny!!! :) and SOOO random!! :) Megan and I were laughing so hard! :) It was great!! :) So I have officially been asked out while tracting on my mission.. hah That definitely went in my journal :) so funny! :)
I love it here! We are teaching some great people and a MIRACLE happened this week!! :) While we were weekly planning on Thursday we got a call from a lady at the Institute building who told us a guy (who had met them at the booth that we do on campus) was there and wanted to meet with us! So we stopped in the middle of our planning and headed over there and taught him the Restoration!! :) It was a super powerful lesson and the Spirit was SO strong!! :) We bore testimony and invited him to be baptized and he accepted!! :) He has a baptismal date for Dec. 8th!! :) Please keep him (Dustin), Marissa, Michael, and Jamie & Eric in your prayers!! :) They are AMAZING people and need the truth in their lives!! :) Pray that they will sincerely seek, recieve, and reconize their answers that the Book of Mormon is true, that Joseph Smith is a true prophet, and  that this Church, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the ONE and ONLY TRUE CHURCH on the Earth!!! With Jesus Christ TRULY at the head of it!! :) I KNOW this is TRUE!! :) And I know as they sincerely seek to know this as well that the Holy Ghost will manifest it unto them just as the Holy Ghost did for me!! :) Through those warm and peaceful and good feelings inside!! :) The Book of Mormon is TRUE!! :) Jesus IS the Christ!! :) This is His TRUE Resored Church and gospel on the Earth today directed through a living prophet- President Thomas S. Monson!! :) I KNOW it, I LIVE it, i LOVE It!! :) Let's go SHARE it!! :) In the name of Jesus Christ, amen. :)
Have an INCREDIBLE day and week!! :) I love you all!! And hte Lord loves you even more!! :) Stay close to Him ALWAYS!!! :) CTR!!! :) ETTE!!! :)
Love, Sister Carlini :)
QofW: look up the talk "His Grace is Sufficent" -by Brad Wilcox!! :) IT'S AMAZING!!!! :) You won't regret it!! :) i LOVE IT!! :) It's PACKED full of EXCELLENT quotes!! :) love you!!!
http://www.lds.org/new-era/2012/08/his-grace-is-sufficient?lang=eng&query=brad+wilcox   ( i think there might be a longer version of this somewhere too!! but this is the one it's based off of! :) have a great day!! :) The Church is TRUE!! and the Atonement is REAL!!! :) :) )


















 1. the pic with me and the mom and the cute little boy is Jessica and her little boy Marcus!!! :) We taught them in the Village and i LOVE them!!! :) I was so sad to leave them but she said she wants to be baptized!! :) And I told her I could come back and be there for it when she does!! :) She's so amazing!! :) love them!!! :)
2. and here's the pic with Elder Christensen and Sis. Main and I :)

1. TRANSFERS!!! :) Sis. Main, Elder Christensen, and I
2. Us with Elder Gleave! :)
3. Hermana Hortin, Sister Ewell, and I! :) lOve them!!
4. Sis. Ewell and I with Elder Cook! (he just went home :( -he's the one who reminds me of Derick Simmons! I told Elder Cook they should be best friends at the "U" :) ha)
5. Sisters pic!! :)
6. ummm.. yeah that spider was HUGE and was outside our apt. door in the Village one morning.. crazy!! (apologies from Ashlee, I totally didn't add that picture! haha :))
7. New amazing Zone!! :) they are all great!! (we went to Cici's pizza :) )
8. Institute Thanksgiving feast!! :) with the Students
9. My cute comps. and I! :) Sis. Smith and Sis. Fraire :)
10. SeRvIcE pRoJeCt!!! :) The missionaries in our District painting away! :) *Elders Apedale and Matatu with the Sisters in the background
*Elder Orellana (from El Salvador)  *Elder Curry (from Clearfield!) *Sis. Smith  *Sis. Fraire *Me :)  it was so much fun!! :) and mom you would be so proud because i knew how to paint a house because of you!! :) The lady there saw me painting and said, "Hmm.. it looks like she's got it down... she's doing the "W" on the wall and seems to know what she's doing.." I gave you the credit for sure Mom!! :) hah thank you!! :)
11. "The Fun Zone!!" :) *we passed our FREE hotdogs and cotton candy and snow cones for the big OU game on Saturday! :) Service!! it ws so fun! :)
12. Some building on the OU Campus :)


No comments:

Post a Comment